Comprehensive Needs Assessment
State education agencies are required to conduct a Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) to identify and assess the unique educational needs of migrant children that result from their migratory lifestyle (Elementary and Secondary Education Act, Title I Part C, Secs. 1304 and 1306).
ESCORT has worked with 18 SEAs on their CNAs using a research-based approach pilot tested and refined through experience since 2002. ESCORT staff have identified the benefits of CNA for strategic planning purposes beyond migrant education; for example, in developing priorities for English language learners and homeless students.
ESCORT can help your program with all of the following to complete your CNA:
- Management Planning - Develop your timeline and identify necessary resources and partners
- Meeting Facilitation - Build the agenda and foster discussion through interactive group activities and master facilitation techniques
- Data Collection and Analysis - Design methodology to confirm your population's needs, assist with data collection, and analyze findings
- Final Reporting - Summarize the findings from the process and create a plan of action for implementing program services
- Implementation - Develop a plan for continuous improvement through service delivery and evaluation
Click on the links below to learn more about our work.